My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Friday, October 8, 2010

Real Beauty.

Lately, I have been listening, asking and observing how people really define beauty. Beauty constantly bombards our minds. Tv, magazines, clothing stores, class, work, home, parties, games, relationships, friendships,families. Women constantly see models and actresses displaying beauty as a size two, small waist, perfect lips, and long,straight hair in the least amount of clothes possible. Which gives any girl or woman that does not fit that description insecurities and makes each question their own self-worth.

So now that the media has twisted women into believing a set way to be "beautiful," and the women have bought into it leaving men to believe it as truth also. So now we have women insecure and constantly judging themselves and men with only one idea of what beauty is. So what is beauty?  I'm here to set the record straight.

Contrary to searching google, beauty is not found in sizes, makeup, hairstyles, or clothing. Beauty is in purity, in wisdom. Beauty is a an older woman with years of stories about love. Beauty is a sweet little girl that just wants to be held. Beauty is a compassionate heart and a peaceful mind. Beauty is respecting one another. Beauty is a young man holding doors open for girls. Beauty is a mother loving her children. Beauty is a man protecting women and children. 

We have to stop judging beauty on such a superficial base. WOMEN- BELIEVE in your own beauty. Remember that God made us to be loved and desired and ultimately He thinks we are all individually beautiful. MEN- BELIEVE in women and don't categorize any female based upon your own versions of beauty. If we all make an effort to change our views on beauty we will see the real beauty....




No comments:

Post a Comment