My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Thursday, October 7, 2010

What is it about babies?

Yesterday, a new addition was born into our family. Meet Baby Sean Dupuis. Beautiful little blessing from God. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to share some thoughts on new life. :)
Bringing a human into this world is such an amazing process. Babies are beautiful. No doubt. Don't even try to deny it.

People always say "Women never look more beautiful than when they are pregnant." I agree 100% percent. Not only do they glow, they just flat out radiate pure joy. It's the beauty in the fact that they have created a life. They are nourishing, raising and loving a new little human. But I firmly believe pregnant women are so beautiful because there could never be a more incredible thing happening to them than in those 9 months. Whether the circumstances are a 16 year old out of wedlock or a perfectly planned and expected third child for a beautiful couple that has been married for 6 years, the mother cannot deny the strength of this never-ending love.

I for one am totally obsessed with children. Aside from it being part of God's calling on my life to take care of children, teach and love them, I just absolutely think they are the cutest things in the world. Jesus was SPOT ON when he talked about the child-like faith in Matthew. Children are so beautiful because they radiate with constant unconditional love. They never say "No,you've hurt my feelings too many times to forgive," or "You aren't that pretty so we can't be friends." Children are painfully honest in the most pure way. Sure, they are going to tell you when your hair is a mess, but they are also going to remind you every single day that you are their world, that they love you more than anything, and that everything you do makes them laugh. Why can't we all be more like children? Everyone looks on kids as the immature and insensible ones-- but really they are much wiser than any adult that holds a grudge or can't forgive a spouse. There is nothing more incredible than watching how a child interacts with this huge world. How they notice nature's beauty even more carefully than we. They enjoy the humor of squirrels chasing each other and are calmed by a blue bird's song. They are filled with unending happiness and committed love. I am so thankful for children. :)
So today a special celebration goes out in Honor of the Dupuis family for bringing another loved one into this world. Ragan & Sean- I am so happy for you both! Baby Sean is magnificent and I cannot wait to meet him! I miss ya'll and the girls! And once again Congratulations! :D Please tell Maggie & Lilly that KiKi misses them very much! :) Lots of love!



No comments:

Post a Comment