My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Monday, November 29, 2010

Everyone has different sides...


So far all my blogs have been intended to be inspiring and full of joy. But unfortunately, life doesn't always have those kind of endings... 

Lately, I'm struggling. But I'm okay with being honest about it. Satan knows my weaknesses and my insecurities and has no problem attacking me with them at the worst points in time possible. He loves to tell me that I'm never going to be enough. That I could never possibly make anyone happy or feel good. That I annoy people and frustrate me. He likes to whisper, "You're not ever going to be as pretty as her... or as funny,sweet,smart,cute,fashionable,wise,creative,etc." 

I wake up EVERY SINGLE DAY in an ongoing, everlasting battle. A battle of Satan yelling all these things at me, me then reminding myself of God's pure and perfect love and how wonderful he thinks I am. I fight this battle everyday. Some days I feel success and I feel as if I have overcome the tricks of the devil. But some days are not so good. In fact, some days are just plain awful. Some days I am unprepared and feel bombarded by deceptive, hurtful lies. The worst are the days I fall into the deception and believe those lies... That no one really likes me. That I'm a disappointment. That all people are out to do is to hurt me...

This is REAL life.  It hurts and sometimes people just don't care. But on these hard days... these days I struggle I am truly thankful for God's unending loving reminders. And maybe if you are skeptical of these beautiful reminders God bestows, let me show you an example. Today was one of those hard days I mentioned earlier.. But the grace of God came to me. This is the devotion I got for today... scheduled exactly for November 29. and this is NOT a coincidence.. it is exactly God's providence.
"In this age of independence, people find it hard to acknowledge their neediness. However, i have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me: placing you in situations where your strengths were irrelevant and your weaknesses were glaringly evident. Through the aridity of those desert marches, I have drawn you closer and closer to Myself. You have discovered flowers of peace blossoming in the most desolate places. You have learned to thank me for hard times and difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish my best work. You have realized that needing me is the key to knowing Me intimately, which is the gift above all gifts."

So even on these hard days... it really doesn't matter, because God Above, Our Lord is always there.. whispering back "You are beautiful.. and loved.. and perfect in my eyes. You make everyone smile. Everybody likes you. You are lovely."

My main point though is everyone struggles and you never know what people are going through or dealing with. Everyone has different sides and different things that have made them who they are. Be careful what you say to everyone, how you treat anyone, and be sure to be real and show love now, while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment