My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Number Two: My Roomie :)


Today I am especially thankful for Kelsey Hunter Connell, my fabulous roommate! We have a pretty interesting story. :)

Hunter & I have been basketball rivals all during our high school years playing for our Varsity teams. Hunter was always one of my biggest individual competitions, and her team was a huge competition and rival for our team.  Hunter is a phenomenal basketball player and I've always known that, but what I didn't know was what an unbelievably awesome person she is. :)

The beginning of my senior year of high school, after I officially decided to attend LaGrange College in the fall, I signed up for an online social network for LaGrange, called "The Hill." The Hill is where I realized Hunter had also chosen to attend LaGrange in the fall. We started talking about what a coincidence it was that we both were going to the same school and talked about our nerves and expectations for college.

I quickly began to realize Hunter and I had a whole lot in common. Besides the fact that we both share the same first name but my boyfriend's middle name and her boyfriends first name are the same too. Hunter and I obviously have basketball in common, but we also have the same love and passion for God and for pleasing Him. We have the same morals and standards for ourselves. We both love to shop and are ridiculously addicted to new clothes, but don't ever mind working hard or getting messy.

At this point, my plan for the fall was to just do random roommate and hope I got a good one, but God had a much better plan in mind. I was EXTREMELY nervous to do random roommate because I really didn't want to end up with someone I totally didn't get along with. But the Lord had that under control too, of course! As I prayed that God would bless me with a good roommate, Hunter & I started talking about rooming together... and the rest is history. :)

I have now spent the past almost 4 months with an incredible roommate. We have grown so close so quickly and I easily consider her one of my best friends now. I am so thankful that God had his hand on the entire process and that he brought Hunter into my life, because she has already taught me so much and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my four years at college with her! :)

Hunter is not only drop-dead gorgeous, but she is extremely intelligent. She is a sincere listener and a wise advice-giver. Her heart is HUGE and full of love for others. Once you gain her trust, she will do everything in her power to help you and be good to you. She is passionate about life and likes to keep the peace.

I would never give up my pickle-eating, teen mom watching, 7th Heaven obsessed, hilarious, clumsy, genius, ice-chewing, baller, FUN roomie!:) So Today I want to thank the Lord for Hunter, and thank Hunter for being so wonderful to me. For loving me, listening to my sappy sensitive self, reminding me I'm loved and making me LAUGH everyday! :) I love you, dear.


1 comment:

  1. This makes me so happy! :) I love you both and am so thankful to have both of you just right down the hall!

    ReplyDelete