My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Perspective for this Man

In the past couple weeks I have been dealing with so much. I've not only been constantly trying to figure out life, love & relationships but also just how the world works in general. I'm so devoted to people and relationships so I become totally drained sometimes trying to make everyone else happy. But I'm also really working hard on my school work and trying to make really good grades. I'm also making some important decisions that are the beginning of how my adult life plays out. And on top of all that I've been really struggling with my health.. Lots of sickness, doctors appointments, tests, and waiting on results have really put a lot of things in perspective for me. 

But the main thing I keep thinking about is...what an unbelievably amazing man I am dating.
Ben & I have been together for almost 4 years now and I am truly the luckiest girl in the world. Our relationship hasn't always been a walk in the park, but I can honestly say I have never loved him more than I do today, right now, in this very moment.
Many people don't know the Ben I know. I have been given the privilege to learn and understand this incredible human being. Ben is a man's man and that is definitely one of my favorite qualities about him. He can literally fix anything. He has fixed everything from my car to my heart. <3 He is a handy man. He is also a really hard-worker. You can guarantee that he will do the best he possibly can at whatever is asked of him. Ben is honest, sometimes even brutally honest. But I am so thankful for that honesty because I know I can always expect the truth from him. This man is so loyal, so protective, so honorable, so respectful, so creative, so intuitive, so intelligent... and SO amazing.
I have taken this man for granted too many times. Especially when he never, ever fails to take care of me. He holds me when I'm hurting, he encourages me when I'm sad, he teaches me when I'm wrong, he loves me when I'm angry, and he respects me when I'm scared. But he doesn't just emotionally and mentally take care of me, he has always been my prince in shining armor. He has carried me off a basketball court twice after I tore every ligament in my body, he caught me when I fainted in my driveway, this man always, always takes care of me. You would think there couldn't possibly be more? But there is...
This man is my best friend. He constantly makes me laugh with our dumb inside jokes, his rude sarcasm that never fails to make me hysterical and the neurotic way we communicate that somehow totally works. Not too many people understand how we work or why, but it really doesn't matter. When it comes to real love, there are really no set rules. There is no normal for how couples should be, or certain ways for people to act or communicate. The bottom line is... God has brought Ben & I together. Of that I am sure. The Lord has allowed us to grow, and love, and learn, and bond and everyday I am so thankful for this love. I am so thankful for this bold, daring, perfect love. :)
 So in these crazy, hectic past few weeks... my life has been put into perspective and I'm done taking things for granted... especially him. So to the love of my life, THANK YOU. Thank you for putting up with all my craziness, for loving me unconditionally, and mostly for being the Godly man I've always dreamed of. I love you with all my heart... :) cresiderimn. 




2 comments:

  1. Lovely pair and nice look . really beautiful smile on face and interesting this post . i loved that and nice thought .

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just posted this link to my fb :) i read it last night & it inspired me like crazy, so i made my own today! this is beautiful. we are both so blessed!

    ReplyDelete