My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Church Days

I went back to church for the first time today in a couple of weeks. As ashamed as I am to admit I haven't been to church in so long I know that it's not because I didn't want to. My life has been so, so busy. Constantly going and Sundays are truly my only days for rest. Sometimes I don't even get to rest on those days. So I am finally beginning to slow down and this morning I tried the contemporary service at First Baptist. (Since my church is in Cataula, I'm still looking for a LaGrange church. :))

And it was fabulous. I forgot how much I love the hustle and bustle of Sundays in the South. All the sweet families, dressing their adorable children up to the tee. The finding the right outfit, parking place, and seat at church. I love the friendly atmosphere that I would alone associate with Churches in the South. I love the greeting, strangers hugging, and just the friendliest atmosphere there is.

I love the sense of a family and being united. But more than anything there is no better way to start the day fresh on the word of the Lord. "Grace and Peace be yours in abundance." -1 Peter 1:2. There is nothing I love more than learning about the God that saved me, the God that loves me, and the God that fills my life with his hope.

 Singing out his name, raising my hands, and relaxing in His presence with other believers. That is what I missed.

2 comments:

  1. thank you aunt rissa. you're so sweet :) it was nice to go back... definitely refreshing. I'm glad you enjoyed it. it always makes my heart so glad to hear when others enjoy my blog, especially when it impacts others. I love and miss you already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story thanks for the posting I really impress and happy to after read this story.

    ReplyDelete