My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Saturday, March 5, 2011

Only 19 yet he's a hero...


On Friday, March 1,2011, I had the privilege of watching my phenomenal 19 year old cousin & best friend, Zak, graduate from basic training. There was an awesome ceremony held for all the young men on Fort Benning and it was truly a blessing that I was able to go.



For all who know Zakary Kyle Taylor, they know what an incredible man he has become. Zak has a heart bigger than this planet. He is smart, but humble. He respects but stands up for what is good and right. He knows when to be quiet, but is hysterical every time he talks. I've never met anyone with his sense of joy and vibrance for life. He is unbelievably talented, extremely loving, and the most loyal person you could ever know.

Zak has not only always looked out for me, but he always takes care of me. He has taught me and pushed me further than I knew I could go, but mainly he has just loved me. He always, always unconditionally loves me. He enjoys simply hanging out together and appreciates so much just the little things I've done for him. He is the kind of person everyone wants to have around. There are two things I love more than anything about him: his laugh and his hugs. Zak has an infectious laugh that lights up an entire room. His laugh just makes you want to laugh even if you don't think the topic is funny. But his hugs... when Zak hugs me he makes me know that he truly loves me. As well as he does everyone he hugs. They are safe and real. 

I could not possibly ask for a better cousin, much less a more perfect best friend. Zak, you are like the brother I never had and you always will be. I'm here for you for whatever babe and I am so, so proud of your accomplishments. I know you are going to go so far and I can't wait to see all the things God has in store for you. I love you with all my heart. Remember also, that Angie is such a blessing. I know you guys are more than perfect for each other and I am SO happy for the both of you. Always treat her right... because she really does love you. :) And Ang, remember you definitely got a good one too ;)





You're becoming a soldier... and a hero to the world. :) But you've always been a hero in my eyes.


2 comments:

  1. :) Me too! And I'm so glad to have a wonderful family too...especially a wonderful mother :) I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!!i proud of u and wonderful your family .nice look your all photo's and fantastic details shared in recently post..really i loved that and cool your idea and interesting this post

    ReplyDelete