My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Saying goodbye and Welcoming Hello

College is a BIG deal to almost everyone. I know it's always been a HUGE thing in my family and around my circle of friends. Choosing where you want to go, deciding what career path and major you want to follow, and then following through with scary, intimidating, high-pressure idea of freshman year away at college.

I am shuttering to say, that my first year is a week and two finals away from concluding. As I'm looking back I feel as if the past couple of months have just been on fast forward. They literally flew right by me. But fast as they may have been, they were rich.

New friends.
New home.
Became a Collegiate Cross Country Runner.
Began on my plan to become a nurse.
A snowy, white Christmas in New York City.
Trip to Israel. 
1 John Mayer concert.
1 skydiving/dream-fulfilling trip for my boyfriend.
And so on and so on...

But through these incredible times, I also learned a lot of really hard lessons and went through tough trials.

I lost a beautiful grandmother, who had loved me every day and taught me so many important things.
I battled a lot of physical illness and learned a lot about responsibility
I struggled learning time management, how to take care of myself, and make myself a priority.
I met so many new people, and focused a lot of time and energy on understanding how they tick.
I've began to understand that people, friendships, and relationships each require so much time and energy invested into each one. 
But I've also had to learn not everything requires so much thinking and over-planning. Sometimes you just have to relax and have fun. :)

I am so grateful to my Mom, for this phenomenal opportunity to come to LaGrange College and learn.
Notjust to learn and study academics, but to learn about who I am. 
This has been a really important year into developing my personality and my thoughts and beliefs, and without my Mom's hard work and smart planning I would never have had this opportunity.

But the most important thing I've learned, deals with my own personal relationship with the Lord.
I have grown up in church, a christian school, and a christian family my entire life- but this was the first time I was on my own and could find out how my faith could float. It took time for me to figure things out. I realized there is no specific plan or guide book, but the Lord is so gracious, patient, and THE most understanding teacher. :) He poured his mercy out on me all throughout my first year alone and my faith is solid and grounded. I am proud to say that and to know I figured things out, just me & the Lord.


So as I say goodbye to my freshman year, I am ecstatic to welcome a beautiful, exciting summer and a fabulous sophomore year to come.

A summer filled with all my beautiful friends from back home,
beach trips with my family, an INCREDIBLE trip to Ireland, getting to go back to my favorite daycare in the world and work with my sweet babies again, and my home sweet home with my amazing, amazing parents. :)

And lastly a year filled with a new house, a new major, new classes, new professors, new groups, new responsibilities, two new roommates, vp of sustainability, hilltopper, orientation team member, TA for the sustainability cornerstone, social council member and enjoying a fresh start and a new chance at success. :)

Thank you Lord, for all your blessings.







2 comments: