My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happiness is a mood, not a destination.



Yesterday I was watching my favorite soap opera(insert your disappointed judgements here) and this episode actually genuinely had a fantastic message instead of just being about who died and who cheated. The message was all about the different characters definitions and experiences of "being happy" or "happiness." 

Each character was asked the infamous question, "Are you happy?" Each responded differently but based on the same concept. This concept being that happiness is a hit or miss, cut and dry kind of thing. Either you're happy or you're not. If you're not than you're working towards happiness or waiting for someone, something, or someplace to make you happy as if it is achievable.

The last character, the one that had been interviewing all the others asking them the question made a profound short speech that really gave me a small epiphany. He said, "Happiness is a mood, not a destination. You can't "GET" happiness from cars, the wife, the house, the big screen t.v., the perfect vacation,etc. Happiness comes and goes. It is a temporary feeling, a mood. It's fantastic to feel happy, but it's okay to be sad sometimes too."

That is such a phenomenal concept. I feel like we are all looking for happiness to much sometimes and in all the wrong things. You FEEL happy. A smile. A Hug. A good song or a sunny day. You cannot achieve happiness you choose it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment