My Road..

My life
is a
crazy, hectic, insane roller coaster ride and on this journey I am learning everyday how to love the Lord, myself, and others. My Jesus said in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." And that is my exact mission. I want to follow God, learn constantly and my goal is to become gentle, humble and peaceful in every aspect of this life. I have an amazing story so far... but God is no where near showing me or the world the ending. :) I am a daughter, smiler, girlfriend, lover, writer, blogger, friend, sister, painter, gardener and I LOVE who I am. On this journey I have one prayer and that is to: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."-Psalms 143:8

I am unsure, unfinished... and I am happy.
I am Kelsey.



Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm BACK!

So it's been a while since my last post... and quite a bit has happened. :) I got really busy with school and finals and the holidays and just lost all my free writing time. But now I am back! :)

Since my last post, I have officially finished my first semester of college with A's and B's and I got out of MATH! WOOHOO. Finals were very difficult but I am proud of how I did and I am excited for the next semester. Looking back, I cannot believe how fast time has flown by. I hope all my college years are not this quick. I am so thankful for LaGrange College. For the people I have met there, for my beautiful roomate, for the incredible professors and mentors, for challenging my mind, for learning tons of new things, but mostly for the community God has allowed me to become a part of. I am so grateful to be able to call LaGrange my home.
Another exciting adventure during since my last update was Ben getting to go skydiving for his birthday! He is SUCH an adrenaline junkie and he loved every minute of the free fall. Of course being the non-emotional kind of guy he is there wasn't much that he said except, "THAT WAS awesome..." haha :)
Ben & I also got the wonderful opportunity to have a little photo shoot done with our PHENOMENAL friend Christa! She is a dear friend and INCREDIBLE photographer and I think Ben & I would both agree she made us look extra good :)
During the Christmas break, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at home, even though I miss the Grange quite a bit. I loved being able to spend so much time with family, especially my parents. I really have enjoyed spending my free time with my sweet old friends. :) I've had the opportunity to be involved with my high school basketball team, speak to the current senior class about college life and even spend some precious time talking to some of my high school teachers. I am also so grateful to still have a family with Calvary.
My first Christmas adventure was spent with my boyfriend and his family. We got a huge, gorgeous cabin in North Carolina and spent an extremely entertaining and relaxing couple of days there. It was filled with sweet presents, delicious food, exciting games, scary movies, and wonderful time with a phenomenal family. I even became a bit of a photographer while in the mountains, as I did a little photo shoot for Richard & Courtney ;)
For the beautiful holiday, I got to spend it with my lovely family in the famous Big Apple. That's right, New York City baby! It was QUITE the adventure. Of course, some fabulous girl time shopping for three days with my lovely sister & mom. We ate at incredible restaurants, saw a fabulous broadway show, joked in times square, took pictures everywhere, and saw and played in 2 FEET of snow with a precious and hilarious venezuelan family who had never seen snow before. Yes, our flight was cancelled and yes, we did end up having to drive home-- but it was all worth it. Definitely an unforgettable trip. :)

Now that the holidays are over, I have spent the beginning of my new year preparing for my trip to Israel. I am going with a group from my church, my boyfriend, my pastor(who happens to also be my boyfriend's father) and an even larger group from Educational Opportunities Ministries. I am so excited to begin my pilgrimage in the holy land. Have no fear friends, I am indeed taking a journal to write about everything I see and learn and I will most definitely translate everything to my blog when I get home. It's a 10 day journey and I couldn't be more excited.
Right after Israel, I am also going on a short trip to Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia with my sweet friend Stephanie to visit the other side of our trio- Megan. :) I am very excited to see her new school, meet all her lovely friends I keep hearing about, and have a good time with two of my favorite people. :)
Lots of adventures and journeys and plenty of stories to come. I'll keep you posted. Until then... :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your mom. I love reading your blogs too. Kelsey, I am so proud of the young lady you have become. You are a great joy to your family and to your friends. Have a wonderful time in Isreal.

    ReplyDelete